Christ’s mercy is at the heart of this issue of Lutherans Engage the World. Having received Christ’s divine mercy, we share it with others. Through your prayers, efforts and financial gifts, this mercy is extended in Kenyan refugee camps, among immigrant communities and where people struggle after a disaster strikes. The LCMS is in all these places with God’s saving Word and acts of mercy, changing lives now and for eternity.
Pamela J. Nielsen
Associate Executive Director, LCMS Communications
- Let the Children Come to Me
Some 25 children and adults were welcomed into God’s family through the waters of Holy Baptism in October in Juárez, Mexico.
- Despite Hurricanes, the Church Still Stands
After hurricanes hit Florida and the Carolinas, the Synod walks together to rebuild lives and restore hope in Jesus’ name.
- Integrating Faith and Health
The Synod’s parish nurses promote well-being in congregations, schools, homes, hospital rooms and wherever needed.
- Compassion Centered on Christ, For All
The Compassion Center at Redeemer Lutheran Church, Hyattsville, Md., provides physical care and Gospel comfort for the community
Also in This Issue
- Q&A with LCMS Missionary Krista Young
- Mercy Moment: ‘From Our Abundance’
- Witness Moment: Sharing Christ in Kenyan Camps
- Spotlight: An Open Letter on Transparency and Accountability
- Director’s Letter: Bearing the Light of Christ in a Chaotic World