“It’s all about the Word,” says LCMS missionary Rev. Dr. Cory
Rajek in “‘The Word Does Everything.’” This issue highlights a few of the places where the Word of God is at work, including in Kenya, in California and Wisconsin, and in Germany. In this issue, we also have five articles from our missionaries about exciting projects around the world. We hope you’ll enjoy reading these stories, and we look forward to bringing you more content as we emerge from pandemic-related restrictions.
- God Gives the Growth
As East African churches experience rapid growth, the LCMS comes alongside to help prepare new pastors and church workers for service.
- Teaching the Unchanging Truth to God’s Children
At Lutheran schools in California and Wisconsin, students of different backgrounds and abilities are taught many important things, including about the love of their Savior, Jesus Christ.
- The Return to Rome
A handful of Lutherans have come together to plant the first confessional Lutheran church in Italy.
- ‘The Word Does Everything’
Students and staff of the Luther Academy in Riga, Latvia, gather in Wittenberg, Germany, for a week of in-person learning and fellowship.
Also in This Issue
- Director’s Letter: Stewards of the Mysteries of God
- Q&A: With Rev. James Krikava
- Brazil: Mission Plant to Partner
- Asia and Latin America: Music Outreach
- Germany: Reaching Farsi Speakers
- Kenya: Training Church Workers
- Mercy Moment: Help and Hope After Disaster