The church is on the move — crossing borders and moving forward with Christ. This issue of Lutherans Engage the World will take you far and wide to meet a chaplain serving deployed soldiers, theological educators teaching eager students on different continents, a mercy effort in the urban core and a new pastor crossing into Mexico to care for his flock — each one bringing Christ and His Word in unique and wondrous ways!
- Whenever and Wherever
The Livonian Lutheran Project, an online program based in Latvia, provides theological education in English.
- In the Good Shepherd’s Fold
At The Shepherd’s Hand Community Outreach Center in Fort Wayne, Ind., Lutherans reach out to the community with human care and the Gospel.
- Christ’s Gifts Freely Given
A Texas congregation continues to minister to members on both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border.
Also in This Issue
- Director’s Letter: Waiting for the End
- Q&A: With the Rev. Scot Kerns
- Mercy Moment: Pandemics Don’t Stop Disasters — or the Church’s Response
- Witness Moment: Called Up to Serve