This issue of Lutherans Engage the World is full of incredible stories of the Gospel going forth behind bars, across barriers and over borders in places few of us have ever considered. In the following pages, you’ll see how the Gospel equips and enables God’s people to love and connect with others quite different from themselves. Our Lord continues to use your prayers and financial support to extend the reach of His saving Word as He blesses the work of missionaries, pastors, deaconesses and lay members of His Church. Set aside some time to read these stories as you join us on the journey!
Pamela J. Nielsen
Associate Executive Director, LCMS Communications
- Bringing the Reformation to Bucharest
The Confessional Lutheran Church in Romania and its pastor are bringing the true Gospel to Romanians.
- Joyfully Lutheran in the City and the Country
Whether in urban Detroit or rural Iowa, all people are in need of the same thing: Jesus Christ.
- A Bridge to the Gospel
Die Brücke, a Lutheran outreach center in Leipzig, Germany, is connecting refugees and native Germans to Christ.
- Finding Forgiveness
Inmates in Columbia City, Ind., are hearing the Gospel thanks to St. John Lutheran Church’s jail ministry.
Also in This Issue
- Q&A with Concordia University, Nebraska, President Brian Friedrich
- Mercy Moment: A Taiwanese vicar is sharing his Gospel hope with others.
- Witness Moment: Indonesian Lutherans are caring for their neighbors.
- Spotlight: The Global Seminary Initiative helps form church leaders.
- Director’s Letter: Proclaiming Liberty to Souls in Prison