“From Fear to Hope” could be the theme for this entire issue. These are stories of God working through His Church — through YOU — to bring real hope to the inner city, after a disaster, in remote villages and through a man who remembers a child on a war-ravaged island 73 years ago. St. Paul writes about this hope: “[Christ] delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will deliver us again” (2 Cor. 1:10). Thank you for sharing the hope that is in you through your prayers, gifts and partnership! In Christ, Pamela J. Nielsen Associate Executive Director, LCMS Communications
- Changed by Storms God is at work in Puerto Rico following the hurricanes that devastated the island last fall.
- Walking in Wyneken’s Footsteps The Wyneken Project is promoting and preserving the Lutheran identity in the heart of Baltimore.
- From Fear to Hope In May, an LCMS Mercy Medical Team traveled to Sierra Leone, bringing physical healing and the Word of God.
- Christ in Concrete Lutheran schools from L.A. to Miami are bringing God’s Word to the children entrusted to their care.
Also in This Issue
- Q&A with Lutheran Young Adult Corps Participant Courtney Haag
- Mercy Moment: A joint program is bringing hope to children in Kenya.
- Witness Moment: A grant supports outreach through a community garden.
- Donor Spotlight: A 1945 encounter is blessing children in the Philippines today.
- Director’s Letter: United in the Gospel